Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies Unit
HEAD OF UNIT
The Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies Unit (BMS-PT) provides researchers at CRG/PRBB and external organizations with a state-of-the-art technology platform and broad knowledge and expertise to perform medium to high-throughput RNA interference assays, chemical screenings, protein engineering and biophysical characterization of proteins and nucleic acids.
The equipment is endowed with various degrees of automation and utilized for a variety of molecular biology, biophysics and screening applications includig the preparation of expression vectors, screening of diverse expression conditions, protein purification on a milligram scale and biophysical analysis. In addition, biochemical, cellular and image-based high content screening assays can be performed.
The Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies Unit is one of the most comprehensive facility in Europe and one of the few combining innovative genome engineering technologies to protein production.
- Robotic Platforms: TECAN Freedom Evo, Caliper Zephyr and Sciclone ALH3000, Tecan plate reader
- Protein purification: ÄKTA Xpress twin and ÄKTA FPLC
- Biophysical characterization: ITC, MST, Biacore
- Libraries: mouse and human whole genome siRNA library, as well as three chemical compound libraries of small molecules and natural products.
APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
- High-throughput cloning and genome engineering methods (CRISPR/Cas9)
- Production of recombinant proteins and protein complexes
- Protein and antibody purification
- Biophysical characterization of protein, small molecules and nucleic acids
- Medium and high-throughput RNA interference and chemical library screening assays